Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Time for Being Thankful

This week of Thanksgiving, I am grateful for the chance to attend a BYU school.  Even though the semester isn't what I expected, I am grateful for the things I have learned.

$100 Challenge Update

So this was the last week to produce and sell for my $100 Challenge.  I have to say that at the beginning of the semester I felt excited about the entrepreneurial prospects of starting a business.  At this point, in a way, I feel like I have fallen flat on my face.  I suppose if I have learned one thing from the entrepreneurs I have encountered in my life is that I should be prepared to fail, but then get right back up, dust myself off and get right back to work.  That is the lesson I have learned from the $100 Challenge, that I must take what I have experience and plan better to avoid failing.

Weekly Lesson Highlights

The case study this week focused on IceDelights.  I tried to find a record of this company online and there was no footprint on the internet.  I can only assume that this venture was not successful in the long run.  What I learned from this case study is that no aspect of starting a business can be left to someone else.  As a business owner, you have to be ready to have your finger in every pie as a business gets off the ground.  Failing to focus on just one aspect can be detrimental.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it, hate it? Agree, disagree? Please comment!