Sunday, November 3, 2013

I Can't Get No…..Satisfaction! Don't underestimate customer satisfaction


$100 Challenge & "Big Idea" Updates

  • Update for the $100 challenge:  Although I did not achieve all of my targets for this week, I did accomplish quite a bit.  I am still in the production stage, but I was able to make some last minute changes in how I put together my final product in a manner that would be more appealing.  Even though this would cause a delay in getting my product listing posted, I think it will generate more sales.  Goals for this upcoming week.
    • By Monday-Take pictures of product and create online listing.
    • By Saturday-make 5 local sales to encourage in person sales in addition to eCommerce.
  • Update for my "Big Idea": So I am learning some things in my accounting class that are helping me form a business plan to get my financial services business off the ground.  I have decided that I will create my business as an LLC. Now begins the tasks of checking into what documentation is required to start my business as an LLC.  In addition, I have discovered that the local Small Business Association has a mentor program. I hope to sign up for this as soon as I become eligible. I look forward to learning from other people in this area that have trodden the path I am headed down.

Weekly Reading Highlights:

The theme that resonated this week was customer service, and not just the face-to-face interactions.

Case Study: Zappos

The discussion board question prompted thinking about how important it is to not only hire people that can do the job, but also people that want to do the job.  Zappo's approach to keeping employees on board that would be a good fit with their culture was offering a bonus throughout training and at the end if they quit.  They indicated that only about 2-3% of people took them up on that offer.  The points from the discussion board that I found related to customer relations were:
-People that have made a conscience decision to work for a company will be happier employees and perform better on the job.  This in turn will result in better customer service.
-Sometimes business owners have to make decisions that may create short-term losses but can bring long-term benefits.

Customer Focus-Manager topic

This topic was a good reminder that customer service isn't just about the face-to-face interactions. It's about implementing good practices companywide to keep customers satisfied and returning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it, hate it? Agree, disagree? Please comment!